[OM] Re: Four more great Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted

Subject: [OM] Re: Four more great Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 05:14:02 -0700 (PDT)
> I'm very happy with the scanned BW400CN (scanned flat and then
> some playing with levels on selections in photoshop).

I've found that almost all chromogenic C-41 BW films are best
scanned. Ilford XP-2 does equally well scanning or darkroom
printing, though.  The Kodak varieties have really punky tonal
curves and you end up losing tonal seperation in Zones II-IV.

This punkiness is really easy address in a computer, but can
really tear your hair out in the darkroom. I have to resort to
Split-Grade Printing to get anything usable out of it.

I'm exclusively shooting Ilford XP-2 for B&W now. This, however,
is probably just a stopgap until my next DSLR when I go 100%
digital.

"Say it ain' so, AG?"

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com