[OM] Re: What's up with the OM list?... -> Escape from L.A.

Subject: [OM] Re: What's up with the OM list?... -> Escape from L.A.
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 04:38:12 +0100
There is an easy solution, Chuck: enrich your imagination.

If still you believe that the degree of our civilisation has not been
increased in relationship with our historically recent accomplisment
of the pacification of the public space in our societies, then let me
to inform you that.

Two centuries ago, for example, people everyday were going out in the
street knowing that this might be their last day. The benefits of
social and personal development by the recent social change away from
that past are easy to understand.

Now, if you believe that many people, and certainly me, would tolerate
without any criticism the careless and casual, this ultimately
arrogant talk about gun using, as it has been going on here by a group
of people who simply do not know or understand better the seriousness
and predicament of their situation; associated with social pathology,
destruction, violence and loss of life, (even if sadly they do have to
carry guns), but rather seem to enjoy and be proud like it was an
achievement and what a fun for the family that is(!), then you are
wrong again.

My idea of civilised society is a future which will stay  away from
John Carpenter's well imagined and certainly not incoceivable 'Escape
from L.A.'...

Oh yes, and for someone who wrongly assumed about me: No, my life is
not well protected and yes, I have encountered armed violence in many
occasions. But that does not mean I'll jump to any easy conclusions or
take the subject lightly... So Chuck, you missed the focus, the
arrogance does not come from my side.

very friendly,
Christos