[OM] Re: Before responding to Larry

Subject: [OM] Re: Before responding to Larry
From: "Mostly" <mostly5@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 18:02:21 -0500
Joseph Campbell goes around the entire issue of morality (and its constant
change across time & society) by boiling things down to classifying actions
into two categories.  Very simply, things you do are either good for you or
bad for you.

You take something from me without my permission, I'll bonk you on the head
and call you names.  That's bad for you.  Doesn't matter if its money, a
car, a photograph or a piece of software I write.  I'll bonk first and
philosophize later.

'Nuff said.

Dave

Amen to that. Philosophers can find words to justify any kind of behavior.
My knowledge of economics is very limited but I have a question related to
capitalism. It feeds on growth so what happens when growth stops. Is there a
brief answer for that?  /jmac

Maybe it's time once again to let this thread die a natural (or
otherwise) death....

On 7/30/06, Barry B. Bean <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not prepared to abandon capitalism because youand Manuel don't see

> a problem with >software piracy.

<< snip