[OM] Re: Monarchs in the back yard

Subject: [OM] Re: Monarchs in the back yard
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:51:26 +0000
I actually know exactly where Wagon Road Gap is. There's even an overlook there
on the Blue Ridge Parkway, which I can't seem to stay off of. I've probably
driven it 20 times, or more, in all seasons, from where it begins near
Cherokee, North Carolina, to Skyline Drive, and then up Skyline Drive to Front
Royal, Virginia. Then, after a night in Front Royal, we turn around and come
back the same way we went, except on the other of the road. Great 575-mile
leisurely and relaxing trip, three days each way, with overnight stops in
Asheville and Roanoke. Never saw any great cloud of Monarchs either, though.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --