[OM] OT: E-300 in parts, and mucking about with pinhole and PC lenses

Subject: [OM] OT: E-300 in parts, and mucking about with pinhole and PC lenses
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:46:41 +1000
Here's a post to the Internet Directory of Camera Collectors mailing
list (idcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) that I am also subscribed to.

I thought the OM list would would be interested so I got permission from
the poster to reproduce it here.

> Here is a link to pictures taken of the broken E300 (Remember my Pin
> problems?) I sent it off to Hong Kong so that my friend Tony Lo could take
> a crack at fixing it. He wanted one in order to experiment on making a
> lens mount for the Olympus E series. As you might know, he manufactures
> cheap but interesting add on lenses for SLRs. One of his great ideas is a
> 3D lens. I use it on my Canon 10D with good results. Now he has had
> requests for the 4/3 sensor systems used by Olympus. Anyway.........
>
> He unbent the offending Pin after having had a run in with Olympus in Hong
> Kong (They wanted to see paperwork to confirm that the camera was not a
> "gray" import.....! Remember, we're talking about Hong Kong here.......)
> and after having opened the camera to take a peek inside. He was scared
> away from further opening once he got a look at the guts. Tony Lo is NOT
> someone who is scared away from much when it comes to taking camera stuff
> apart.
>
> He sent me some pictures. Here they are. http://www.stdenny.com/E300/
>
> I would suggest that home repairs of digital cameras will NOT be so easy
> as those on the old mechanical ones we love so much.
>
> best to all from sunny and HOT Bordeaux
>
> Douglas

Tony Lo that is mentioned above has a website at http://www.loreo.com/
that you guys may be interested in - he is thinking of making mods to DZ
mount lenses...

Andrew McPhee