[OM] Re: How hard and risky is it to repair a one touch zoom?

Subject: [OM] Re: How hard and risky is it to repair a one touch zoom?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:14:23 -0400
Because it's "not a macro lens" it's OK if it creeps???  So non-macro
lenses are always used strictly horizontally?  Puh-leeze.

Is the senior tech also the manager?  If not, I'd check with him/her.
Or a customer service manager.

Though I have to say that your experience with Tamron U.S. service
parallels mine; competent within their self-imposed limits.

I've dealt with my primary servicer here in Michigan for ~30 years.
Does very fine work with non-digital gear, easy to talk with and
provides a six month warranty on his work.

ScottGee1

On 7/24/06, usher99@xxxxxxx <usher99@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I had less luck with Tamron USA in NY.  I sent in the 80-200 as well which
> had dirty glass and zoom creep.  Purchased on yabe from phog. who used it in
> smokey enviroment.  It came back in perfect shape with perfect glass totally
> mechanically sound with  no zoom creep.  Approx, 6 wks aftyer the warranty
> period, the zoom creep was back, worse than before.  They said to send it
> back with the paperwork from the previous servicing.  I complied with that.
> They had to wait for the senior tech, and told me there was "nothing wrong."
> I asked the secretary to tilt the lens at 30 deg up or down and observe the
> results.  She saw the obvious results and took it back to the tech who said
> "its not a macro lens, the lens is fine."  They would tighten it  against
> their reccommendations though they said it might be too tight and would
> recharge the whole service fee.  I just had them send it back.  Perhaps I am
> out of line and too picky.  I am sure I will hear, if so. I was thinking of
> try
 in