[OM] Re: Simple Photoshop tutorial

Subject: [OM] Re: Simple Photoshop tutorial
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:19:40 -0700
I agree that the correction went too far. This and some of the corrections
Moose does to see how far he can push an image have a "picture postcard"
llook that would probably sell well but looks too artificial to my eye.

Calypso imaging has had a large Galen Rowel print in its lobby that I always
look at when I'm in there. Galen exaggerated the colors of the high desert
landscape on the eastern side of the Sierras. Having often seen the real
landscape, the image doesn't look real. However the colors are quite muted
in real life. The exaggerated version looks like what someone who loves the
country would see in their mind.

The Adorama tutorials have been very useful for me even if I wouldn't push
the image as far.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Russ Butler <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>

Jeff Keller wrote:
 > Adorama sent out a link to another simple photoshop tutorial. How to make
 > gradient mask
 >
 > http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=academy&article=052206

My simple eyes prefer the "unsalvageable" image in the example. It says
sunrise. I don't know what the fixed version says.

Flack jacket on.

--
Russ Butler (NJ USA)