[OM] The Marvelous Toy (OT) Was: And don't forget LightZone

Subject: [OM] The Marvelous Toy (OT) Was: And don't forget LightZone
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:31:33 +1000
> Walt Wayman wrote:
> That somehow reminds me of an old Chad Mitchell Trio song
> about a mysterious toy, one line of which went something
> like: "It went 'zip' when it moved and 'pop' when it stopped,
> and 'whirrrrrr' when it stood still. I never knew just what
> it was, and I guess I never will."[...]

http://www.brownielocks.com/marveloustoy.html

Sorry, Walt, but it's only a Peter, Paul & Mary version. I *did*
look though, and found an interview with Tom Paxton (the writer)
who even mentions auditioning, and being "accepted provisionally",
for a spot with the Chad Mitchell Trio:

http://www.washingtonparent.com/articles/0312/paxton.html

I thought I'd heard it before (Mum & Dad were into P,P&M).

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz