[OM] Re: Heads up: Win32 version of Adobe's Lightroom

Subject: [OM] Re: Heads up: Win32 version of Adobe's Lightroom
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:26:54 -0700
Walt Wayman wrote:
> Oh, how wonderful! Now I've got seven photo fiddling programs that I don't
> know how to use: Olympus Master, Olympus Viewer, Olympus Studio, PhotoShop
> CS, Picture Window Pro, Bibble Pro, and now Lightroom. Is there anything else
> I can download, buy, beg or borrow to create further confusement in an
> increasingly creaky and cranky old mind approaching the onset of mad cow?

I take a look at every one that I hear about, sometimes download the
trial versions. But if it doesn't quickly show some advantage and no
disadvantages over what I already use, I just drop it. Too little time
and too few brain cells to try to learn and remember a lot of them. I'm
sure one will get better results with an app with which one is very
familiar than with one that's better in some respect, but at which one
is a beginner.

I remember one someone here posted a link to that was a sort of free
clone of the photographer tools in PS. Nice idea, but slow, kludgy and
missing some key tools. Just about worth what I paid for it, except for
the time I wasted trying it out.

Moose