[OM] Re: [OT] Scanning 8mm movie film to digital

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Scanning 8mm movie film to digital
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 15:25:02 -0400
Chuck,
As you have experienced the 8mm ain't a bad archival medium.   I have some to
deal with as well. I believe the film far surpasses the resolution of the DVD.
You may wish to at least ask the question regarding HD DVD (approx 36-Mbps
bandwith)  or Blu-ray (54 Mbps)to preserve the resolution as long as they have
your film.  Too bad the winner in the format war is not clear. Perhaps it can
be downsampled w/o a ton of expense as to have your cake and eat it too.
Mike
All on demand. Always Free.