[OM] OT: Adrian Flanagan's Odyssey

Subject: [OM] OT: Adrian Flanagan's Odyssey
From: "Scott and Barb" <martlet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 07:03:48 -0400

OT - While I'm enjoying a calm pre-holiday weekend there is someone I know
of who's life literally depends on reacting at every moment to the
conditions around him.  Sailing solo around the world from north to south,
Adrian Flanagan is currently accomplishing one of the few navigation
odyssey's that to this point never been done alone by any man.  Adrian has
been in a small stainless steel sailboat for over eight months.  He is
currently heading for the artic oceans, probably the Russian - which even at
this time of the year of course contains ice.

In talking with Louise, his ex-wife and expedition manager, I compared
Adrian's grit to a climber on Mount Everest (only a few weeks ago a climber
walked down from this summit after spending a night alone and unprotected
very near the top). She responded that indeed this is a very dangerous trip
and the most hazardous segment lies just ahead.  Adrian will need all of the
prayers and good wishes he can get to complete the current phase of the
sail safely.  I ask everyone in this group to keep him in their thoughts.

Here are a few links for Adrian - please share it with anyone who would be
interested.  Sign the guestbook to show Adrian that Olympus fans also stand
with him on his journey!

I've Louise for details on Adrian's camera gear and will post if I hear any
details.

Audio Of Adrian speaking from his boat (fascinating)
http://www.cowes.co.uk/cb/zone?p=story2;story_id=1627;cp=0-147

Expedition Home Page:
http://www.alphaglobalex.com/?q=1440

Audio Of Louise Flanagan - Expedition Manager (whom I spoke to for 30 mins!)
http://www.alphaglobalex.com/files/audio/SAIL%20KEEP.mp3

Here is the music that Adrian is listening to:
http://www.alphaglobalex.com/?q=1440

Position map (you will have to move the map so that you can see japan)
http://www.delfinus.tk/AGX%20Media/271105LouiseDay_30.mp3

Guestbook:
http://www.alphaglobalex.com/?q=1082

Warm regards