[OM] Re: OT: Beer WAS Re: To all the Canucks on the List...

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Beer WAS Re: To all the Canucks on the List...
From: Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 16:09:26 -0600
Rob Harrison wrote:
> Hey, when I last lived in Canada (1979), the word "microbrew" hadn't yet
> been coined! When I was a bit younger and crewing on a Thistle we'd go to
> regattas in Canada and bring back cases of Molson's Stock. Compared to the
> 3.2% Budweiser we could get in Ohio, Molson's was heaven.
>
> Now, what'd I really like would be a slab o' VB....

Victoria Bitter?  YUM!

Due to the large numbers of Australian youth in Whistler (site of the
2010 Winter Olympics), big public Australian holidays would always be
celebrated throughout the town in every available bar with palletfuls of
VB -- not normally available in Canada IIRC, but they're specially
imported by the freighterful for the occasion.

They manage to drink 'em all in a single day, too...  (scary, that).

Garth