[OM] Re: E-1 images on the net

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 images on the net
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:58:35 +0000
It just occurred to me that the 500/8 picture I linked to in my earlier
response was shot hand-held, with the lens sort of halfway braced on the
railing on the balcony of a fifth floor condo, obviouisly under an overcast
sky, so with ISO 100 film, the shutter speed was certainly less than one would
wish for, and probably about 1/125, so that shot may be less sharp than it
oughta be.

For those who may not remember or have seen the bluebird photos that Brian
referred to, they are here, which should prove that the 500/8 is a capable
lens, even on the E-1, where it becomes the equivalent of a 1000mm lens on a
full-frame camera.  These shots are, of course, without more atmospheric
interference than 30 feet of late winter Atlanta air imposes, so should be
revealing of the true capabilities of this lens.  And focusing with the KatzEye
screen, with a split prism that doesn't black out at f/8, makes it really
pretty easy.

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1079.jpg
http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1080.jpg

Walt