[OM] Re: Torlesse - more for explanation

Subject: [OM] Re: Torlesse - more for explanation
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 18:43:56 +0000
I'm a little confused, which is not all that unusual.  The only 500mm Zuiko I'm
aware of is the CAT lens, and it takes plain ol' 72mm filters, just like
several other Zuikos, such as the 180/2.8, 300/4.5, 400/6.3, so a UV filter
wouldn't be a problem.  My confusion comes from reading Brian's comment that he
had to stop down to f/8 with his 500mm Zuiko.  I've had my 500 for over 20
years, and I still haven't been able to find the aperture ring and the thing's
stuck on f/8.  Maybe Brian's got the Wyoming factory version or a lens I don't
know about.  ;-]

Either way, very impressive shot.  With the 90F heat here today, those
snow-covered mountains look really inviting.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --