[OM] Re: OT Another Dead Cat Day

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Another Dead Cat Day
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:29:05 -0400
Reminds me of a story . . .

Shortly after moving into our current home, we met our neighbor's cat,
Annie.  She was a non-descript little mutt and quite friendly.

Well, she was friendly to us.  Any other critters that crossed her
path were dealt with severely.  Her owners told us she regularly
confronted a mama raccoon that had the audacity to enter their yard.
Annie, well over ten years old, declawed and outweighed by a lot,
faced down the raccoon and did so often enough over a period of time
that the raccoon family apparently relocated to another neighborhood.
We haven't had a raccoon problem in over ten years and Annie died
eight years ago.

I wish she was still around because now we have rabbits (that eat the
blooms off our freshly planted flowers!) and skunks (that regularly
stink up the 'hood around 3 a.m.)

ScottGee1