[OM] Re: Imatch (was: some photos and Re: MacbookPro 2.0 Ghz first impr

Subject: [OM] Re: Imatch (was: some photos and Re: MacbookPro 2.0 Ghz first impressions)
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 00:12:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, Marc Lawrence wrote:

> Speaking of which, I once downloaded the demo of IMatch, and it
> seemed like quite a good cataloguing package. Is anyone on here
> using it, or have they used it, or have they demo'd it, and, if
> so, what is their opinion of it?

I've been using IMatch for about three years now and I love it.  The
UI may be a bit quirky but you can do a lot with it once you figure
it out!  The latest update adds a lot of new features such as XMP support
but I find it to be a lot slower than the previous version, maybe I just
need a faster machine.  I've got about 18GB worth of images catalogued
and IMatch doesn't seem to slow down as more images are added.  It seems
to scale very well.
                                -mark