[OM] Re: Gluing an E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Gluing an E-1
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:59:16 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> I have obviously not communicated well.  Sorry.  I can't figure out
> how to improve the description.

Your description was fine, perhaps I left out a few details :-)  The
rubber grip on the E-1 tends to stretch and pull away from the body with
heavy use.  This is a common problem with rubber grips, the more pliable
it is the better grip it provides, but it also stretches and grows.  Once
it starts to stretch it will never fit properly again and gluing it will
only be a temporary solution.  The only real fix is to replace it with a
new one.  At $10 for the replacements parts it's not worth messing with
glues, just put a new one on.  Does that make more sense?
                                -mark