[OM] Re: OM 2S - Is this a simple fix?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 2S - Is this a simple fix?
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 11:57:13 -0400
Here's a reply I started to compose:

 >>> Of course, (blah, blah) I don't recommend it.  doing so may lead to
ripped circuits, broken parts, as there are lots of things (too many)
that are thought during repair but are too numerous to write down. Many
discover this later when something snaps off or a part falls into the
depths of the body and will not shake-out.
Your meter problem is not necessarily an easy fix, and possibly not
fixable.  First
though, make sure bottom cover screws are tight. Use correct, new
batteries. Real 357 or SR44W
Basically, you want to remove top cover and tighten set screws that clamp
flex board to viewfinder lcd, though this may not solve the problem.

Pry off wind lever cap, remove screw, lift off lever, washer, 2 ball
bearings, retaining ring.  Lift out parts.  Set asa to 100.  Slip razor
blade under edge of asa top plate, just above window and separate plate
from plate it is glued to. Remove screw, lift off parts. Remove top
cover screws, remove rewind knob, unscrew retaing nut, lift off parts.

As you lift top, rewind button and spring will fall out.
You may want to unsolder wires going to the top cover, if not they might
break during handling.  Make a map of where the wires go before
unsoldering. There's much more to do but.....<<<
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net