[OM] Re: Olympus gear for sale...

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus gear for sale...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 11:33:49 -0400
I recommended this low cost adapter in an earlier post:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympus-OM-lens-Canon-EOS-body-adapter-10d-20d-5d-rebel_W0QQitemZ7624135738QQcategoryZ43479QQcmdZViewItem>

Be aware that it seems to have some tolerance issues with some lenses.
I knew from testing a few days ago that my Soligor CD 35-70/2.5 would
not fit on the adapter which tends to fit snugly on most lenses.  I
decided to test all my lenses and extension tubes which number perhaps
25 items.  I've determined that it fits all my Zuikos, Kirons and the
Vivitar tubes.  It does not fit the Soligor 35-70, a Rokkor 135/2.8 or
my 90mm Vivitar Series 1.  But I have another adapter bought from ebay
long ago for about $100 that does fit the other 3 except that the
Soligor, despite turning through the required angle, will not actually
latch.

For $20 though it's hard to go wrong.

Chuck Norcutt