[OM] A conversation with Olympus

Subject: [OM] A conversation with Olympus
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 08:24:23 EDT
Because of the planned future purchase of a wide format Epson printer
(probably the 7800, although it could be a 9800) I recently asked Olympus  how
one
could maximize the size/quality of prints made from  e-1 files.  Their answer
follows:

Dear Mr. Barber,

We value you as an Olympus customer and  appreciate the opportunity to assist
you.

If you shoot TIFF on your E-1,  or even RAW and convert to TIFF at a later
time, you will see great quality  results, even when making large format
prints.
Using our own Olympus Master  software, or a more comprehensive program like
Adobe Photoshop, will enable you  both compatibility and optimum printing
results.

Well, I'm using Photoshop CS2 and would like to hear from others on this
list about how they are generating their best quality large  prints.    <[8^)
Bill  Barber