[OM] Re: Eeeek! [OT, but not as far nor as boring as macbooks and the s

Subject: [OM] Re: Eeeek! [OT, but not as far nor as boring as macbooks and the sports thread]
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 08:46:19 +1000
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
> http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheets/huntsman_spiders.htm
> http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheets/funnelweb.htm
>
> The Huntsperson is just big and scary - hard to comfort yourself
> with the knowledge that they aren't very venomous when they've
> got you in a headlock and have just eaten the dog.

Yeah, the old "Don't bug-spray her; that'll just piss her off".
That's why, when we were kids, we had no worries because they
weren't poisonous. Now it's the old tupperware container and
magazine to shoot the things outside (usually into the neighbours
yard - I'm pretty sure that's your standard suburban insect-exchange
program).

> The Sydney Funnel Web is aggressive and very poisonous indeed

Like sharks though, they only hurt when they bite you.

> - used to kill a few.

We've likely some in the back wall. Peter wants to try eradicate them,
but I just tell him that the ones that survive will move forward into
more comfortable lodgings.

> It gave rise to one of the best black humour word transpositions
> ever when a TV news presenter announced that a woman had been,
> "bitten on the funnel by a Finger Web Spider."

LOL! I'm not applying *that* tourniquet.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz