[OM] Eb*y bids blocked - why?

Subject: [OM] Eb*y bids blocked - why?
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 21:18:35 -0400
Question for those of you who are Eb*y sellers, or more experienced than I.

A new experience, twice this week, I have had e-sn*pe bids blocked.
The message I get is:

eB*ay says seller has blocked you from bidding
eSn*pe was able to snipe the bid in the time specified. However, eB*y
indicates that the seller on this auction has listed you as an account
to block bids. Your bid was rejected.

The only thing I can think of is that these two auctions were from brick
and mortar stores that would only ship to the US. No mention of not
accepting international bids (ie, Canada in my case). The "only ship in
the US" is not a problem as I would use my family Connecticut address,
though of course they would have no way of knowing that.

These two stores would not know me, so it's nothing personal.

The only things I can think of is that one can block foreign bids, based
on e-mail addresses (mine is a ".ca", which is clearly not US-based) or
one can block sniping software.

Now as a buyer only, I have never had to learn about blocking unwanted
bids, though others have alluded to using it for certain bidders. What's
going on?

Grateful if someone can enlighten me....

Thanks
Martin