[OM] Re: FS: Olympus SIX

Subject: [OM] Re: FS: Olympus SIX
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 13:17:38 +1000
I've got three of these (one is the model Ali is selling otherwise I'd
be contacting him). Trouble is there's something wrong with each one,
just enough to make them unusable.

One has a missing pressure plate, another has a leaky bellows. The third
a slow shutter. Par for the course with a 50 year old camera I suppose.

Thing is, I can't bring myself to cannibalize any one to get the other
two working. Am keeping an eye on oBoy for cheap non-working beaters...

Most I've seen have had pieces of leatherette missing which seems to be
a common problem. A lot have lost the 6x4.5 film chamber insert as well.

The holy grail of Olympus Six collecting seems to be finding one of each
model with complete leatherette, a film insert and in working condition.
   Instruction books in decent condition are like hens teeth too.

Which all requires patience...and a healthy wallet when it turns up.

Andrew McPhee