[OM] Re: Is this a hoax, or should I throw my E-1 in a pond?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is this a hoax, or should I throw my E-1 in a pond?
From: Parzival Herzog <parzp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 20:18:09 -0500
On Tuesday 16 May 2006 11:52, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

>> Think it would work with an OM 10?

The OM-10 mirror will lock up easily by itself, you don't need to throw
it into any ponds.

Isn't the E-1 "splash proof"? I doubt if throwing it into the pond would
get it to make those "magic" images, but with that solid body and
really ergonomic grip it has, I know that I would be able to throw it
really far out into the pond! And I'll bet that the E-300, with its
ugly flat top and too wide body, would make a great skipper too! Of
course, if I wanted to survive being beaten on the head by a mad
Turkish mob, I now know the C*non 1D is just the ticket. Thanks for the
tip Winsor! Pro DSLRs sure are versatile machines these days!

But look what happened when I threw my OM-4 into my Gimpy pond:

Before:
http://parzival.smugmug.com/photos/41791824-M.jpg

In the Gimpy pond, the image became so severely decomposed that it fell
apart into into sludgy grey layers. After I fished them out and dried
them, I tried to recompose them, but everything was different:

http://parzival.smugmug.com/photos/69963456-M.jpg

--
Parzival Herzog