[OM] Re: Screen Profiling (was: Film Profiling)

Subject: [OM] Re: Screen Profiling (was: Film Profiling)
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 13:11:38 +0200
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 06:48:14AM -0500, Joel Wilcox wrote:
> I have an ancient Colorvision spyder (from a time before they were
> spyders), still working great.  It doesn't work with LCD monitors, so
> I also purchased a Pantone Huey for those occasions when I am on
> laptop or at work.  I keep the Huey at work.  It is very easy to use
> and offers more flexibility in terms of settings as well as works with
> all types of monitors.  It has a continuous adjustment feature which
> adjusts the monitor as light changes.  This works well with window
> light.  I find it gets snookered by flourescent lighting however and
> just leave the continuous adjustment feature turned off in the my
> current work location.  The Huey is pretty cheap at about $80USD.

OK, I'm about to grab a Huey, but there's a little thing I wanted to
make sure before doing so: Does the software provided also hand out
ICC profiles or does it only work when the software is loaded? (I
also want to be able to profile the screen and use it on other OSs.)
I know that the continuous adjustments won't work, but I can do those
manually when needed.