[OM] Re: Extension Tubes - Was: Tamron adaptall-2 adapter for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Extension Tubes - Was: Tamron adaptall-2 adapter for OM
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 17:25:16 EDT

In a message dated 5/7/2006 3:32:57 P.M. Central Standard Time,
oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have  not looked into Extension tubes all that much. Will something
like item  @
7616621699 on the site work with the Tamron lens? What should I keep an
eye out
for?

If used with a film camera you will want an "auto" extension  tube.  When
used with an e-series camera, I don't know that it would make  any difference
as
you have to stop down before exposure anyway.  That being  said, I would still
look for "auto" rather than "manual" tubes.

Now to a more generic conversation about extension tubes.  Extension  tubes
are extension tubes.  There are no optics, they are just mechanical  tubes that
fit between the lens and the camera.  So the bottom line is that  it doesn't
matter who made them.  They could be Olympus, Vivitar,Pro, Kenko  or any other
brand.  They all work the same.  This is not true of  lenses, but for auto
tubes it is the case.

I do not know who this seller is, so if he is a list member, I apologize up
front.  The price he is asking for the auto tube is a fair price for an
Olympus tube.  If you are interested in a complete set of auto tubes, I can
provide a set of aftermarket tubes mailed to you in the USA for the BIN price
for
the one being offered.  This set, made by P.R.O. and sold by Ritz  consists of
31mm, 21mm and 13mm auto tubes. It come with its original box,  front and
rear caps.

Contact me off list if interested.  Bill  Barber