[OM] Re: Extension Tubes - Was: Tamron adaptall-2 adapter for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Extension Tubes - Was: Tamron adaptall-2 adapter for OM
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 17:18:53 -0400
As far as the camera is concerned, once the adapter is on the Tamron
it's just another OM lens.  Any extension tube designed for OM's should
work.  You can save money by buying a set of Vivitar tubes but they
aren't the same length as the Oly tubes.  Precise length doesn't really
make much difference unless you're looking for precise value in
magnification factor.  The Vivitar tubes were sold as a set (of 3) while
the Oly tubes were sold individually.  The Vivitar tubes are automatic
but there are manual and auto diaphragm versions of the Oly tubes and
different prices for different function.  If you buy an Oly tube you'll
probably want to get the auto version unless you've got a stop down lens
of some sort.

Chuck Norcutt