[OM] Re: [photoconservation] Kodak's new Preservation CDs & DVDs

Subject: [OM] Re: [photoconservation] Kodak's new Preservation CDs & DVDs
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 19:07:30 -0700

>I suspect that no-one who has ever had to cut and shape cathedral
>glass has EVER mistaken it for any kind of liquid, fast, slow or
>bloody glacial.

Scientifically speaking glass is an amorphous solid which is to say that
the molecules are all jumbled up and stayed that way when the glass
solidified. If one were to look at a microscopic image of the glass
molecules and those of a liquid they would appear similar. If one were
to be whacked in head with one or the other you could easily tell the
amorphous solid from the liquid. I suspect the so-called scientists
neglected that part of the experiment.

Mike