[OM] Re: E-500 manual mode problem

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 manual mode problem
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:37:54 -0500
On 4/30/06, Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 09:07 PM 29/04/2006, you wrote:
>
> >Hi.
> >
> >This evening I took the E-500 along to a cultural event and intended to
> >shoot in
> >manual mode using the FL-50.
>

> Ali:
>
> Your message came through the first time.  I suspect you have zero
> replies for one of three reasons: (i) it's too early/late in too many
> timezones for people who may have insight into this problem to
> respond right now, (ii) people are stumped, or (iii) people (like me)
> who don't own an E-500 haven't seen this problem (or *do* own an
> E-500 but still haven't seen this problem).
>
> You might also want to fire off a copy of your problem's description
> to the folks at Olympus.  Perhaps they have some ideas.
>

> Garth

Yes, I thought about responding, but gave in to Garth's second and
third reasons.

One thing I thought about was to suggest trying to rule out the lens
as the culprit, if you have another DZ to check with to see if you can
duplicate the problem.

Low light circumstances are difficult if for no other reason than it
is often so easy to push the wrong thing in the dark.  I've been
messed up at times with the E-1 for just that reason but YMMV.

Joel W.