[OM] Re: OT: Philips new TV technology is definitely 'commercial'

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Philips new TV technology is definitely 'commercial'
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:43:08 -0700
A smart used TV dealer should be able to get rich, unless people just
give it up entirely. Mine is mostly a display for my DVD player these
days. Except for CSPAN it is difficult to find anything that is
informative or even mildly diverting. I replaced HBO with Netflix a
while ago which turned out much better move than I realized it would
be at the time.

There has even been talk from time to time of enabling the set to
monitor the audience, all in the interest of more engaging programs
(ads) of course.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA