[OM] Re: One thing done, another begun

Subject: [OM] Re: One thing done, another begun
From: "Matthew Bristol" <bristolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:24:21 -0500
Yeah, I have a piece of black velvet with a whole cut through it for the
bloom.  Afterwards I deepen the black of the background in ps.

These are before the b&w conversion (sorry if the link wraps):
http://www.nateandmatt.com/gallery/albums/uploads/Images/normal_Dendrobi
um__Bobby_Messina__x__Jiad_Gold__039_copy.jpg

http://www.nateandmatt.com/gallery/albums/uploads/Images/normal_Odcdm._T
iger_Crow__Golden_Girl__024.jpg

http://www.nateandmatt.com/gallery/albums/uploads/Images/normal_Paph._(H
appy_Hill_x_Valwin).jpg

You can see the full size by removing the "normal_" prefix from the
filename.

Speaking of flowers, here are some OM shots I took on a recent trip to
Phoenix with a Vivitar 100mm macro I recently bought from someone on
this list.  You'll have to excuse any blurriness in the shots.  I'm
still getting used to using a MF macro lens.  I need a focusing rail!
These are just the scans from the developer.  I'm still working on
touching up my scans.

http://www.nateandmatt.com/gallery/albums/uploads/Phoenix%202006/normal_
3-29-2006-09.jpg

http://www.nateandmatt.com/gallery/albums/uploads/Phoenix%202006/normal_
3-29-2006-18.jpg

http://www.nateandmatt.com/gallery/albums/uploads/Phoenix%202006/normal_
3-29-2006-36.jpg

This isn't a flower, but I liked how it turned out.  I had shot it at
the beginning of the roll, before the frame counter had reached "1" (I'm
cheap).  I like the added effect to this oddly dark and morbid shot.
http://www.nateandmatt.com/gallery/albums/uploads/Phoenix%202006/normal_
3-28-2006-01.jpg