[OM] Computer moron reporting progress

Subject: [OM] Computer moron reporting progress
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:38:56 +0000
This is the first post from the new "super" Dell, which I just started hooking
up this afternoon, after returning from a pleasant top-down morning run (and
lunch) with the boss lady in the SSR.  Even let her drive a little bit and
managed to keep my mouth shut almost the whole time.  The only software I have
installed so far is the AT&T and wireless network stuff so I can stay connected
in case of emergency.  Be alert for stupid questions and pleas for help for the
next few days.

And as for my previous ill-informed rant about the dearth of USB ports, which I
based solely on seeing a single photograph in the owner's manual and not on a
look at the actual machine, I am amazed to find there are an even dozen: six in
the back, two in the front, two on the monitor, and two on the keyboard.  Guess
that'll hold me for a while.  :-)  Does that mean I'm going to need to get more
stuff to plug in?

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from