[OM] A Delluva surprise

Subject: [OM] A Delluva surprise
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:12:11 +0000
I checked the Dell website again last week.  It said the new super computer
would be here April 28.  I received no notification to the contrary.
Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately, now that I think about the price of all
those past deliveries), the UPS guy and I are well acquainted.  As a result,
when he got no response at the front door, he wandered down the driveway toward
the open garage door, where he found me flat on my back on a creeper under the
SSR, which is now up on jack stands, muttering obscenities about having to
relocate the fuel pump in order to get it far enough away from the new exhaust
system.

Anyhow, 8 days ahead of the promised delivery date, the new computer is here.
Guess which project I'm going to finish first.  Guess which one may not be done
this time next month.  Guess which one's going on an adventure next month.

The laptop's hanging on for the odd half hour here and there, so I'll not be
all that far away in case anybody really needs me.  :-]  Now, back to being on
my back and using the seven dirty words, plus a few I learned from my
grandfather, and a couple I've made up.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from