[OM] Re: portra 160vc processing question

Subject: [OM] Re: portra 160vc processing question
From: "Robert Swier" <robert.swier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:50:14 -0400
Take it to a pro lab that is likely to have printed the film before. I
was out of town once and had a roll of Porta VC developed and printed
at a drug store minilab, along with some rolls of Fuji Reala. The
prints from the Reala looked quite good, however the prints from the
VC were grotesque. The printed images looked thick and pasty, as if
some photoshop filter had been applied. Clearly the minilab required
some different settings to print the film, or couldn't print it at
all.

Cheers,
Robert Swier
Toronto