[OM] Re: tamron adaptall / japan OL

Subject: [OM] Re: tamron adaptall / japan OL
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:32:24 -0700
Komtanoo Pinpimai wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got 2 tamron adaptalls with "Japan OL" on them.
Sounds like late Adaptall 2 mount, safe for OM-2 and 4 series bodies.
Earlier Adaptall 2 mounts had the words "ADAPTALL 2"" and "for OLYMPUS
OM   JAPAN" on them.
> Are they adaptall
> 1 or adaptall 2 ? They don't seem to fit my 60-300mm, so I guess they
> are adaptall 1, aren't they ?

No, probasbly not. I can't imagine old Adaptall (1) mounts would have
the "OL" nomenclature on them, as that was apparently changed from OM to
OL to differentiate the Adaptall 2s modified for the later OM bodies.

Also, an Adaptall (1) mount should work on the 60-300, it would simply
be missing the aperture stop down slider for DOF preview. There is more
info on these mounts and how to mount and unmount them here
<cid:part1.01000909.09070109@gmail.com>.

Moose