[OM] BLM-1 replacement batteries and other ramblings

Subject: [OM] BLM-1 replacement batteries and other ramblings
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:38:20 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/2006 7:42:49 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Most of  them probably are ok when new, I suspect the good ones actually
continue to  perform well for longer.  It's hard to justify the genuine  Oly
batteries when others are so much cheaper though.  Perhaps they're  all made
in the same factory and the price is based solely on the brand  name on the
label - who really knows ?

I bought a third party BLM-1 battery from ebay which lasted about a  year.
Don't recall what it cost, however it seemed like a "good deal" at  the time.
It is a Digital Concepts product.

With what the SHLD 2 battery holder/grips are selling for these days, I
would be tempted to just buy one of these.  I can't remember the last time  I
used
my BLM-1.  I am assuming this BLM -1 batteries are to be used on an  e-1,
which are selling for a fraction of what we paid two years ago.   Sure wish the
e-whatever would be announce so I could help to drive down the  value of my e-1
even further.

Good news for others waiting for the e-whatever release!  I am close  to
springing for an Epson 7800 wide format printer.  When that occurs, all  my toy
money will have been spent, which will, no doubt, trigger the release of  the
new bigger and better deal in the e-series from Olympus.  I'm just a  few
hundred shy of what I need for the Epson, so those anxiously awaiting the
release
from Olympus, might want to just send me a few hundred bucks and that  should
put each of us a little closer to our goal.  Plain brown envelope  double
wrapped in paper please.  Thank in advance.  <[8^)   Bill Barber