[OM] Re: Help choose eqiup.

Subject: [OM] Re: Help choose eqiup.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 10:25:02 -0700
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> jan.stalfors@xxxxxxxx writes:
>
> Have  been looking for OM4Ti but read some where its eating  batteries.
>
> The OM 4 is the one which sometimes has this problem rather than the OM  4Ti.
>  Bill Barber

A couple of comments. First, the batteries are very inexpensive, so it's
not really an economic issue. More significant is the fact that OM-4
bodies with original circuits are more likely to develop circuit
trouble, which is not economically repairable.

Second, there are quite a few OM-4 bodies around with the later, Ti,
circuit in them. They are functionally identical to a 4Ti except for
high speed sync with the F280 flash.

They aren't that hard to find, if you know what you are looking for. My
4Ti is a closet queen, sitting around lookng pretty while a couple of 4
bodies with the new circuit do the work.  :-)

Iwert just posted that he had OM-4 bodies with the new circuit for sale.
He's fairly close to you (at least compared to some of us) in Belgium.

Here's the info on the circuits <cid:part1.07090903.00040802@gmail.com>.
The way I figure it, an OM-4 with replacement circuit may easily have a
newer circuit than many 4Ti bodies.

Moose