[OM] Re: Very OT: Lusting for a Bessa R

Subject: [OM] Re: Very OT: Lusting for a Bessa R
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:39:08 EDT

In a message dated 4/10/2006 7:40:01 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Guys...help me!  Tell me she'll be no good for me!  Tell me I  don't need
her...

Andrew, you don't need her and I know of no one on this list that ever let
need stand in the way of want.

I'll try to make it easier on you.  You are use to the classics and  you
probably don't want a Leica as everyone and their dog has one, so why  don't
you
include the Leotax, Nicca, Yashica YF, Canon 7s,  Tower and a few others in
your search.  Yes, I know a couple of these  have meters, but so does the
Voigtlander Bessa R.  Speaking of Voigtlander  rangefinders, what about a Bessa
RF or
a Bessa II.

Now, if you aren't confused yet, you are including a meter in the object of
your desire, so why not slip a little auto focus in there and start looking
for  a Contax G2.

Hell, don't bid on any of these except for the big Bessas, until  I put the
"want fire" out at my house.   <{8^)  Bill  Barber