[OM] Re: How AF is better

Subject: [OM] Re: How AF is better
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 10:37:43 -0700
Maybe for his example, but I have seen effective close portraits
where only the eye nearest the camera is in sharp focus and which
could be ruined if it were off a bit. I think it is more important
with macro shots which have almost no depth of field and you really
want the plane of focus to go through the stamen or anther. I might
choose to manually focus on the ground glass in those situations, but
after it is framed, not the other way round.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA