[OM] Flatten those roll-paper prints

Subject: [OM] Flatten those roll-paper prints
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:44:51 -0400
I suppose there's really no solution other than time and weight, but I
wonder if anyone out there using roll paper has any tricks for flattening.
My paper seems to think it's supposed to be used for telescope tubes rather
than flat prints in mats and frames and no amount of hectoring by me is
about to change its mind. So far I've let them sit out a little while to air
dry for a few minutes, then sandwiched them between other sheets of paper
and put weight on them. But one rather nice lupine picture that's 23 inches
long still held a curl after two weeks under weight. It matted and framed up
fine, and I don't think there's going to be a problem, but it is annoying
when paper won't behave. Epson has absolutely nothing to say about this that
I can find. Any thoughts appreciated.

--Bob