[OM] Re: WTB: Case for OM + 85/2

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: Case for OM + 85/2
From: "Bart Wientjes" <bartjew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 13:26:16 +0200
Hi Rob,

Not that I am willing to part with any of my ERCs, but I would like to add
my
two cents.
If I recall correctly, all leatherette cases are black. I know about (and
own) two leather
versions, one dark brown and one tan coloured.

Of those leather ones the tan is the sturdiest. I personally wouldn't call
it a *hard* case,
because it has some flexibility. A bit like leather army boots. This one
offers good
protection for your gear. It accomodates the 85 without any problem, but a
body fitted
with the 3.5/4.5 doesn't go in as well. If I am putting mine in, I need to
use the old style
(narrow and flat) lens caps, and I can only close one of the two buttons on
the back
of the case. It is a tight fit, and doesn't leave much room to act as a
crumple zone.

The dark brown is somewhat softer, more like a training shoe. I've never
tried to use
it with the short zoom, but I can imagine it would close better, as the case
has more
flexibility and possibility to stretch around the lens than the tan case.
Olympus has made a real leather narrow shoulder strap matching the brown
case,
offered regularly new on the 'bay.

For some of the cases the front half was sold separately in several sizes to

accomodate different lenses, but I don't know for which ones.

Good hunting!
Bart