[OM] #060 & 061

Subject: [OM] #060 & 061
From: "GeeBee" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 07:36:17 +0100
I met this guy in a hide at a local wildlife sanctuary and was in awe and
what he had seen and done and the matter of fact way that he told me.
George Hooton served aboard HMS Savage and two of the four torpedoes that
were fired from her hit the Scharnhorst. When the Scharnhorst sank all but
36 of her crew of 2000 went down with her.

George told me about life on board. Four hours on four hours off, foul
weather, freezing temperatures, sleeping in wet clothes. He is eighty years
old, sharp as a tack and I could bankrupt the English language and still not
do justice to how much we owe him and his generation. He is a real life hero
and meeting him was a privilege.

Olympus OM2 SP : Zuiko 35mm f2 : Ilford HP5 @400

http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/06060.htm

http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/06061.htm