[OM] Re: Flatbed scanner Users - help I have a problem

Subject: [OM] Re: Flatbed scanner Users - help I have a problem
From: "Fenwick,Thomas,YORK,GROUP IS" <Thomas.Fenwick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:12:55 +0100
Winsor wrote:
....I have never seen any scanning driver that does not let you set
cropping limits. Are you sure that you did not set the cropping
limits in the Epson software on a previous scan and the software
remembers and is applying it to the new scan? Isn't there an
adjustable dotted frame in the preview that allows you to change the
scan limits?

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA

> If I use vuescan it selects the whole set of scans as one.
> Silverfast ai
> does the same, is there some software that can seperate them out later
> or am I doing something wrong.

I know it sounds crazy but it's true.  I have had this with some shots when
using the film adaptor in the Epson 3170.  I couldn't get round it so I just
skipped those frames.  I have a lot of film to get through so I just moved on.

There doesn't seem to be an option to change the framing/cropping in the Epson
scan software; it lets you preview 12 frames and make individual adjustments to
the curves and histogram for each, but apparently not the framing which it
sometimes gets spectacularly wrong.

It's good software though, apart from this little feature.  I wish the
Silverfast I have for the 4000tf was half as easy to work out...

Tom

==== PLEASE NOTE ==== This email is for the intended recipient only
and is confidential. If this email has been misdirected, please let
the sender know and delete it. Any disclosure, copying,
distribution is prohibited. Although we take great care to protect
our network from computer viruses, we accept no responsibility for
mail-borne viruses and recommend that you scan the email and its
attachments. If you do find any virus please let us know so that we
may take appropriate action. For the legal protection of our
business any email sent or received by us may be monitored or
intercepted. For details of the registered offices of the companies
using this email gateway please see
http://www.nestle.co.uk/registeredoffices ====================