[OM] OM1's on assignment

Subject: [OM] OM1's on assignment
From: "GeeBee" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 05:14:22 +0100
I got this in my inbox this morning:

Hi Graham,

I don't know if the chaps on the OM mailing list would be interested, but
there
is a great piece on long time OM-1 user Jane Bown in yesterday's Observer
Review. Her portrait of The Queen is across the whole of the centre spread -
24
x 17 inches in size, nothing else there at all. Jane herself is on the front
of
the Review, photo by Eamon McCabe, no slouch himself when it comes to
portraits.

Jane is one of my favourite photographers, and is known for her discreet
technique and her minimalist kit: OM-1, 85/2 and Tri-X. Most exposures are
at
1/60 @ f2.8 and she apparently doesn't bother using a lightmeter.

The text (but not the photo) is online at
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,,1744697,00.html
However, with a Google News search I found a cropped vertical image fom the
same
sesion (taken just a few seconds earlier or later, I'd estimate) at
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,18700224%255E912,00.html

Cheers,

Simon.

--