[OM] Re: Quantum CO5 Cable

Subject: [OM] Re: Quantum CO5 Cable
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:34:35 +0000
Mark,

Please understand that I'm not sure what I'm doing.  I seem to have misplaced
the "good" multimeter, "good" meaning the one I halfway know how to use.  I
have
found another that I don't even know where it came from.  Anyway, after
replacing the battery and setting the rotary switch to "Ohm X1K," when I touch
the red probe to the black probe, the meter needle leaps almost all the way
from
the left to the right side and comes to rest about halfway between the 0 and
the
1 on the upside-down horseshoe scale.  When I touch the two probes to the "X"
terminals shown in your diagram, the needle doesn't move at all, staying all
the
way to the left and right on the 1K mark.

And, just my opinion, the flashing lights probably don't mean the Turbo-Z
thinks
there's a flash attached, because when there is a flash attached, the lights
don't flash but just stay lit, going out one at a time as the battery runs down.

I'll await further instructions.  I don't want to measure stuff wrong and have
you blow something up or get a nasty shock.  I have wired half this house for
AC, and considering how much I know 'bout 'lectricity, it's a wonder I ain't
dead and/or the house burned down.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from