[OM] Re: 3/31 fragment of my day

Subject: [OM] Re: 3/31 fragment of my day
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:50:37 -0600
On 3/31/06, Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Execellent photo. I thought the river was green? Your photos just keep
> getting better. Makes me want to see what is just up the stream.
> WayneS
>
> At 08:36 AM 3/31/2006, you wrote:
>
> >http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox/day/day60.html

Just under the canyon wall you can see the Colorado R.  It is a little
green on my monitor, though it's somewhat a matter of knowing what to
look for.  The stream in the foreground is the Bright Angel.  Powell
named it as penance for some of the names he gave creeks up river (the
Dirty Devil was one, for example).

The Bright Angel is thoroughly delightful.  It has its own canyon too.
 I'll have a few more shots of the Bright Angel over the next couple
of days.  Photo was made was about 8 AM.  The entire area was in the
shadow of the canyon wall, though light was creeping up on my
backside.

Thanks for the nice comments all!

Joel W.