[OM] Re: measuring lens performance

Subject: [OM] Re: measuring lens performance
From: james king <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:02:06 +0100
Ralf Loi wrote:
> The film resolution can limit your results, if the film resolution is
> comparable with the one of the lens.
> If you want to measure only the lens performance you probably have to
> choose a fine grain BW film whose resolution is far greater.
> OTOH, using "normal" film you will have a practical result.
>
> Ralf Loi

to a certain extend I am interested in what resolution I can get out of
my working system although I am also interested in looking at the
factorsa independantly. What put me of using B&W is that at f32 I was
getting exposure times of around 2 minutes and I did not want to have to
guess about reciprocity filaure. Although if I had measured the olympus
first since its got OTF metering I could have used listened for the
shutter closing and just measured the long exposure times..