[OM] Re: measuring lens performance

Subject: [OM] Re: measuring lens performance
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:34:59 +0000
In a fit of boredom, about a year ago I decided to test the new-to-me Mamiya
RB67 and Sekor C lenses I had acquired off the bay, those being the 50/4.5,
90/3.8, 127/3.8, 140/4.5 Macro, and 180/4.5.  I used efke KB25 film, developed
in Rodinol, and, at least by my half-assed observations and measurements,
observed considerably better lens performance than the referenced tests on
Velvia.  The thing that surprised me most was that there was no discernible
difference between shots with the mirror locked up and with it not.  Even
though I was using a sturdy tripod at the time, it was still comforting to know
the Mamiya RB67 mirror is apparently very well dampened.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --