[OM] Re: Lens Release button

Subject: [OM] Re: Lens Release button
From: VS <VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 03:01:27 +0200
In the message I received, Jon and Dani writes:

Hi Jon and Dani,

>Just purchased a clean second-hand 135/3.5 lens and was wondering if any of
>you experienced the same problem.....Mounted the lens on the camera and
>discovered the lens release button is not working and the lens doesn't lock
>into place.

Yes, it is, I believe, quite common for Zuiko 135/3.5 to have a broken
lock tab. The list archives[1] have a bit more on the subject, why it's a
"normal" occurence on this lens and also how to repair it.

>            Under normal usage is the any real chance of the lens damaging
>the camera body or loosening itself enough to fall out?

My lens has the broken tab; it doesn't come off, and apart from noticing
it when I put the lens on and take it off, it doesn't really bug me. If
it did, I'd probably have the thing repaired by now. Or, most likely,
I'd have donated it to someone more needy of that focal length.

Cheers,

Saso

[1] http://lists.tako.de/html/Olympus-OM/