[OM] Re: E-330 gets Editors' Choice from PC Mag!

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330 gets Editors' Choice from PC Mag!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:24:41 -0800
True. I have wondered for a while especially when dpreview has done a
group of reviews of cameras with the same sensor like the digicams
with the Sony 8MP 2/3" sensor. It is really hard to know what caused
the different results. There are so many variables like the lens, the
processing circuitry in the camera, and maybe even the Bayer filter.
I always assumed that you would get the Bayer filter with the sensor
from Sony until I found out that the 2/3 sensor was the first time
Nikon used RGB in the Coolpixes. Previously they had used their own
CMY filter because those colors passed more light and reduced
digitial noise. Seems like a good idea, but they dropped it.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA